KumamotoHisaishi, Minamiaso-mura, Aso-gun, Kumamoto Prefecture
Mount Aso
 

 

PHOTO

PHOTO

PHOTO

PHOTO

"Limited to 1 party per stay" Shinshū Ōtaniha Ryōkō-ji - In 1653, a monk named Sōchi founded the temple. In 1666, a temple building was established at the present site, and the temple was named Ryōkō-ji.

PHOTO

Guest Room

Room Details & Plans

Situated at the foot of Mount Aso Gairin is Ryōkō-ji, a temple belonging to the Ōtani school of the Jōdo Shinshū sect that offers a panoramic view of Mount Aso. On a nearby trail is the Takesaki river...

Situated at the foot of Mount Aso Gairin is Ryōkō-ji, a temple belonging to the Ōtani school of the Jōdo Shinshū sect that offers a panoramic view of Mount Aso. On a nearby trail is the Takesaki river basin that has 120 tons of spring water inflow every minute. There are some hot springs for those wanting a good soak a short 2-minute car ride from the temple as well.

Temple Overview

Temple Name:Ryōkō-ji
Sect:Ōtani School of the Jōdo Shinshū Sect

Introduction of Accomodation

Here you will be able to enjoy an authentic vegetarian dish (Shōjin Ryōri) cooked by the spouse (Bomori) of a monk at the shukubō(temple lodging) of Ryōkō-ji situated at the foot of Mount Aso.

Access to Ryōkō-ji

Ryōkō-ji Kumamoto Hisaishi, Minamiaso-mura, Aso-gun, Kumamoto Prefecture 427-1 32.814335 131.077468
PHOTO
¥9,720~/ person

Ryōkō-ji

KumamotoHisaishi, Minamiaso-mura, Aso-gun, Kumamoto Prefecture
Mount Aso

Kumamoto Hisaishi, Minamiaso-mura, Aso-gun, Kumamoto Prefecture 427-1

【Directions】
Train: about a 20-minute walk from Aso Shirakawa Station on the Takamori Line of the Minami-Aso Railway
Car: about a 50-minute ride from Mashiki Kumamoto Airport Interchange on the Kyushu Expressway

TOP